About Stand With Those Who Serve
Stand With Those Who Serve is an annual event that began as an idea in 2010, following the loss of 6 officers in Washington State. It was clear after the tragedy that law enforcement personnel needed a chance to come together for a positive event along with their families to heal.
Our volunteer team came together from agencies across the state and included law enforcement agencies from the city, state, federal and military agencies. Our team has stayed together from the beginning and we have even added new members who are truly dedicated to making the event even better each year.
Our first event was held in the summer of 2011 and was held at the Washington State Criminal Justice Training Commission and we had more than 2500 participants and attendees. The concept was simple, to offer a safe and fun day for law enforcement professionals to feel appreciated, enjoy a hotdog and ice cream and share the positive aspect of their job with their families. During the event, we shared agency demos and displays and watched hundreds of officers reconnect with colleagues, gather more information about organizations and businesses who supported law enforcement families and uniformed and non-uniformed personnel sharing their job with their family. We knew after year one that this was a special event.
In 2016, we are proud to be holding our 6th annual Stand With Those Who Serve event on Joint Base Lewis McChord. We have shared the last five year with close to 10,000 participants and attendees of all ages. We have opened our event to all first responders and is inclusive all law enforcement, corrections, fire and military and all of their families. Our event is still simple in nature and we invite businesses, non-profit organizations, agency demos and displays, kids and family events, entertainment and food/refreshments. We have also added a special focus on recruiting and work closely with transitioning military personnel.
Each year we have also been proud to assist our communities and we have donated school supplies, blankets and have hosted bone marrow drives and we always share opportunities to donate or give back to the communities that we serve.
Stand With Those Who Serve is dedicated to honoring law enforcement, fire and corrections personnel from city, state, federal and military organizations. We are inclusive of all sworn and non-sworn personnel who work in public safety and support organizations that work closely with agencies across Washington State.
- Host one annual that brings first responders and their families together for a positive and uplifting day.
- Share first responder career opportunities during the annual event and through web and social media.
- Collaborate with JBLM Transition Assistance to provide participating agency career opportunities for transitioning military personnel and their families.
- Support non-profit organizations that care for first responders.
- Work with the Governor’s Office to obtain the Stand With Those Who Serve Proclamation annually and promote from the date of the event through the following week.
- Promote businesses that support first responders.
- Network with all first responder and military organizations to collaborate on training and community outreach opportunities.
Question About Stand With Those Who Serve:
Stand With Those Who Serve is a volunteer team of active and retired law enforcement, corrections, fire, military along with non-sworn personnel from family support organizations across Washington State. Our event is run under incident command systems and our Incident Commander is Detective Carrie McNally from the Seattle Police Departments. Det. McNally can be contacted via email at email@example.com or a at (206) 615-0390.